Pieces of Interest from COMP for the Week of July 3 – Women Scientists in Medical Physics International/COMP CWC-IDEAs @ Home: Navigating the healthcare system as a daughter, a mother, and a healthcare worker/IDMP 2023
- In celebration of the upcoming 60th Anniversary of the International Organization for Medical Physics (IOMP), women scientists and medical physicists who have made important contributions to the advancement of medical physics (MP) have been recognized and acknowledged in Medical Physics International (MPI), No. 9 (1042-1068), 2023.
- COMP CWC-IDEAs @ Home: Navigating the healthcare system as a daughter, a mother, and a healthcare worker
CWC-IDEA welcomes you to join our invited speaker, Dr. Young Lee-Bartlett, on July 10 from 1:00-2:00pm ET for a discussion on how our working environment deals with caregivers and how our healthcare system is able to deal with diversity and providing equitable care.
Pre-register here, and don’t miss the chance to participate in this conversation in a welcoming space.
- International Day of Medical Physics (IDMP) is approaching, and we want to celebrate with the COMP community through a photo contest! The theme of IDMP this year is “Standing on the Shoulders of Giants.” We would love to see your interpretation through a photo and accompanying caption. Some ideas include (but are not limited to!):
- A photo honouring a mentor or colleague that has lifted you up.
- A defining moment in your career or educational journey.
- A community that helped or supported you.
To submit your entry, post to Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #COMP-IDMP2023 or email the photo and caption to email@example.com. Twitter entries should also tag the COMP account @medphysCA. Note that your submission will not be visible if your social media account is private.
The winning entry selected by the COMP Communications Committee will receive $250 in Curie cash for use towards COMP membership or conference fees. Entries are due November 1, 2023. Creativity welcome!
Published on July 3, 2023
Pieces of Interest for COMP Week of February 19 - Update! Harold E. Johns Travel Award Applications due April 12, 2024/Aaron Fenster Interview with Jake Van Dyk/Executive Director Report
Update! Applications are due April 12, 2024 for the Harold E. Johns Travel Award, given annually by the Canadian College of Physicists in Medicine to an outstanding CCPM...
Pieces of Interest from COMP for the Week of February 12 - IC3Ddose 13, Aarhus, Denmark/Message from the COMP President/Registration and Abstract Submission is Open for the COMP Annual Scientific Meeting!
The IC3Ddose scientific committee is happy to announce that the 13th edition of the International Conference on Three Dimensional Dosimetry will be held in Aarhus, Denmark,...
Pieces of Interest from COMP for the week of February 5 – COMP ASM Registration and Abstract Submission Open/COMP Career Catalyst/Message from the COMP President
Registration and abstract submission is now open for the COMP ASM 2024! The second COMP Career Catalyst session of the year is happening on March 1st at 1 PM EST. This...