Pieces of Interest from COMP for the Week of July 3 – Women Scientists in Medical Physics International/COMP CWC-IDEAs @ Home: Navigating the healthcare system as a daughter, a mother, and a healthcare worker/IDMP 2023
- In celebration of the upcoming 60th Anniversary of the International Organization for Medical Physics (IOMP), women scientists and medical physicists who have made important contributions to the advancement of medical physics (MP) have been recognized and acknowledged in Medical Physics International (MPI), No. 9 (1042-1068), 2023.
- COMP CWC-IDEAs @ Home: Navigating the healthcare system as a daughter, a mother, and a healthcare worker
CWC-IDEA welcomes you to join our invited speaker, Dr. Young Lee-Bartlett, on July 10 from 1:00-2:00pm ET for a discussion on how our working environment deals with caregivers and how our healthcare system is able to deal with diversity and providing equitable care.
Pre-register here, and don’t miss the chance to participate in this conversation in a welcoming space.
- International Day of Medical Physics (IDMP) is approaching, and we want to celebrate with the COMP community through a photo contest! The theme of IDMP this year is “Standing on the Shoulders of Giants.” We would love to see your interpretation through a photo and accompanying caption. Some ideas include (but are not limited to!):
- A photo honouring a mentor or colleague that has lifted you up.
- A defining moment in your career or educational journey.
- A community that helped or supported you.
To submit your entry, post to Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #COMP-IDMP2023 or email the photo and caption to firstname.lastname@example.org. Twitter entries should also tag the COMP account @medphysCA. Note that your submission will not be visible if your social media account is private.
The winning entry selected by the COMP Communications Committee will receive $250 in Curie cash for use towards COMP membership or conference fees. Entries are due November 1, 2023. Creativity welcome!
Published on July 3, 2023
Pieces of Interest from COMP for the Week of September 25 – Deep-Learning Model Detects More Breast Cancers in High-Risk Women/Executive Director Report/COMP Career Page
A mammogram-based deep learning model can identify more breast cancers at screening MRI than traditional risk assessment models, according to a study published September 19...
Pieces of Interest from COMP for the Week of September 18 – Novel Machine Learning Approach Reveals The Hidden Origins Of Cancers/Message from the CCPM President/IDMP 2023
A research collaboration from MIT and Dana-Farber Cancer Institute have harnessed the power of machine learning to develop a computational model that can predict the...
Pieces of Interest for the week of Monday September 11, 2023 – CNSC Innovation Grant/PROSPECT Trial Expands Treatment Options for Patients with Resectable Rectal Cancer/Message from the COMP President
COMP is pleased to announce a refresh of the Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission (CNSC) funded Innovation Grant. Following consultation with COMP members and the research...