Pieces of Interest from COMP for the Week of September 4 - International Day of Medical Physics (IDMP)/AI Could Help Evaluate Brain Tumors On PET/CARO-COMP Joint Scientific Meeting
- International Day of Medical Physics (IDMP) is approaching, and we want to celebrate with the COMP community through a photo contest! The theme of IDMP this year is “Standing on the Shoulders of Giants.” We would love to see your interpretation through a photo and accompanying caption. Some ideas include (but are not limited to!):
- A photo honouring a mentor or colleague that has lifted you up.
- A defining moment in your career or educational journey.
- A community that helped or supported you.
To submit your entry, post to Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #COMP-IDMP2023 or email the photo and caption to firstname.lastname@example.org .Twitter entries should also tag the COMP account @medphysCA. Note that your submission will not be visible if your social media account is private.
The winning entry selected by the COMP Communications Committee will receive $250 in Curie cash for use towards COMP membership or conference fees. Entries are due November 1, 2023. Creativity welcome!
- A group in Germany has developed an AI model for PET imaging that could help clinicians determine whether patients are responding to brain tumor treatments, according to a study published August 10 in the Journal of Nuclear Medicine. Read more
- Don’t miss out! The CARO-COMP Joint Scientific Meeting is right around the corner! Register today to be part of this exciting event!
Published on September 4, 2023
Pieces of Interest for COMP Week of February 19 - Update! Harold E. Johns Travel Award Applications due April 12, 2024/Aaron Fenster Interview with Jake Van Dyk/Executive Director Report
Update! Applications are due April 12, 2024 for the Harold E. Johns Travel Award, given annually by the Canadian College of Physicists in Medicine to an outstanding CCPM...
Pieces of Interest from COMP for the Week of February 12 - IC3Ddose 13, Aarhus, Denmark/Message from the COMP President/Registration and Abstract Submission is Open for the COMP Annual Scientific Meeting!
The IC3Ddose scientific committee is happy to announce that the 13th edition of the International Conference on Three Dimensional Dosimetry will be held in Aarhus, Denmark,...
Pieces of Interest from COMP for the week of February 5 – COMP ASM Registration and Abstract Submission Open/COMP Career Catalyst/Message from the COMP President
Registration and abstract submission is now open for the COMP ASM 2024! The second COMP Career Catalyst session of the year is happening on March 1st at 1 PM EST. This...