The International Organization for Medical Physics (IOMP) International Day of Medical Physics (IDMP) Award
This award recognizes excellence in Medical Physics with a particular view of promoting medical physics to a larger audience and highlighting the contributions medical physicists make for patient care.
The IDMP Award consists of an IOMP certificate, with a short biography of the awardee being published in the IOMP Newsletter: Medical Physics World.
Criteria for selection:
- The recipient of the award should be a professional medical physicist holding a master's or higher degree or equivalent, who is an active member of the relevant Medical Physics society.
- The recipient should have taken active part in promoting medical physics, nationally or internationally.
- The recipient should have performed original and/or applied work of high scientific quality or made a significant professional contribution to Medical Physics in the past three years.
The 2021 nomination deadline is yet to be announced. Submissions should include:
- A letter of not more than 1,000 words evaluating the nominee's achievements and identifying the specific work to be recognized.
- A Curriculum Vitae including all publications and professional contributions to Medical Physics organizations.
IDMP Award Winners
Click here to view past award recipients, congratulations!