History of COMP and Medical Physics in Canada
- 2022 Annual Meeting history lecture by Terry Peters entitled: Fifty Years of CT Scanning: A Major Healthcare Breakthrough
- "The Atom Bomb that Saves Lives": The Role of Cobalt-60 in Cancer Treatment Around the World
Jake Van Dyk, talk given as part of the History Symposium of the 2021 AAPM Annual Scientific Meeting
- Harold Elford Johns: Inventor, Researcher, Educator, Leader
Jerry Battista, talk given as part of the History Symposium of the 2021 AAPM Annual Scientific Meeting
- J.R. Cunningham Remembrance Symposium Video
A review of the development of cobalt-60 in Canada was published by Doug Cormack with Peter Munro in two issues of InterACTIONS in 1999:
- This History Paper on Cobalt-60 profiles the significant Canadian involvement and was published in Medical Physics International.
- The induction of Harold Johns into the Canadian Medical Hall of Fame in 1998
A nice summary of the history of Medical Physics in Canada including, the formation of COMP and the CCPM, was published by Ervin Podgorsak in Medical Physics International in August 2013.
- Minutes of the very first Canadian Association of Medical Physicists (CAMP) meeting
- COMP Members know how to put on a good show!
- Jack Cunningham Memorial Article
Other historical content is in the process of being developed. Stay tuned!