COMP is pleased to announce a refresh of the Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission (CNSC)-funded Innovation Grant. Following consultation with COMP members and the research and radiation safety communities, the grant now has a higher award ceiling and longer delivery timelines. These changes reflect evolving needs of the community and increase the value and impact of funded projects.
COMP has an agreement with the Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission (CNSC) to fund one or more Innovation Grants to enhance the safe use of ionizing radiation in medicine. The Grant supports the creation of innovative tools that address radiation safety and security issues.
- The development of software systems to facilitate quality control of safety systems
- Tools to enable consistent and comprehensive equipment service logging
- Tools to enable sharing of quality control and equipment data
- Professional development/educational tools including development of resources related to radiation safety training.
2023 Innovation Grant Competition
To be eligible for grant funding the primary investigator must be a COMP member in good standing. The project must be completed within two (2) years.
- Grant application launch – September 1st, 2023
- Intent to apply deadline – October 27, 2023
- Application deadline – November 10th, 2023
- Award Announcement – December 20, 2023
- Funding issued – December 31, 2023, and March 31, 2024
Interested applicants must complete an online intent to apply form that includes the name and academic affiliation of the primary investigator as well as a tentative project title and 100 word description of the project. This form notifies COMP of a member’s intent to apply so they can support the member throughout the application process.
Full applications must be submitted by 5:00 PM EST on November 10th, 2023.