Medical Imaging Team
Many Canadians have, or know someone who has, undergone a medical imaging procedure. It is one of the fastest-growing medical specialties today, yet most people know very little about medical imaging, its benefits and its risks. Medical imaging examinations include x-ray, MRI (magnetic resonance imaging), CT scan (computed tomography), ultrasound and nuclear medicine.
The medical imaging team, comprised of physician radiologists, physicists, sonographers and technologists, give back to the community and to the Canadian healthcare system by sharing their expertise on topics that improve the quality of patient care.
The Medical Imaging Team is a collaboration of six medical professional associations:
- The Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT)
- The Canadian Association of Nuclear Medicine (CANM)
- The Canadian Association of Radiologists (CAR)
- The Canadian Interventional Radiology Association (CIRA)
- The Canadian Organization of Medical Physicists (COMP)
- Sonography Canada
For more information please visit www.imagingteam.ca.
Brochures and Fact Sheets:
Medical Imaging Day Poster