Digital Breast Tomosynthesis and Other Topics
The Mammography Workshop is designed to serve our diverse membership (both in modality and geography) and will present a mix of fundamentals, cutting edge research, and new imaging technologies. Lectures will be delivered by internationally renowned faculty and will be held in English, via zoom. Dr. Peter Watson and Alain Gauvin are leading this initiative.
Participation is open to everyone, with discounts available for COMP members.
Objectives: This workshop will help attendees to:
- Understand the image acquisition process of digital breast tomosynthesis (DBT).
- Identify the considerations in DBT/synthetic 2D image quality and artifacts.
- Understand the components of a QA program for DBT.
- Learn about the clinical challenges and opportunities related to DBT and breast screening.
- Keep up to date with the CAR mammography accreditation requirements.
Continuing Education Credits
This COMP workshop has been approved by CAMPEP for 16.25 MPCEC credits.
Endorsed by the America Association of Physicists in Medicine.