Pieces of Interest from COMP for the week of February 1 – Medical Physics International Special Issue/Worldwide Innvoations in Medical Physics Scholarship/COMP Virtual ASM/2021 International Day of Women and Girls in Science
- Read the Medical Physics International Special Issue: History of Medical Physics 5.
- The Winter Institute of Medical Physics is offering a new Worldwide Innovations in Medical Physics Scholarship! The submission deadline is February 12, 2021.
- The COMP Virtual ASM has its theme: Let’s Get Together, making real connections.
- On February 11, 2021 the International Day of Women and Girls in Science:
What was your inspiration?
The story is told that Lise Meitner saw the iridescence caused by oil on water and it inspired her to a career in science.
“Share an image that tells the story of your journey to be a scientist”
The image could be something that initiated your journey, represents a significant step along the way, or speaks to where you are now.
Given the focus of the day, we are, of course, looking for stories from women. But, fear not men, you can share what inspired a daughter, a niece, a mother, an aunt or even a grandmother! And although we’re medical physicists we’re celebrating the whole of science.
Send your pictures with a brief caption to email@example.com. We’ll feature them all on the COMP twitter feed and a selection in an upcoming edition of Interactions.
* If you don’t know who Lise Meitner is, then we can help with that!
Published on September 16, 2021
Pieces of Interest from COMP for the Week of September 13th 2021 – CHUM Physicists and International Medical Physics Week/Lecture 1: Medical Imaging Lecture Series/Immediate Reading Mammograms May Speed Up Workflow
Read about how CHUM Physicists Celebrated Their First International Medical Physics Week in the latest issue of InterACTIONS. The first Medical Imaging Lecture in the...
Pieces of Interest from COMP for the Week of September 6 – IDMP Contest/Medical Imaging Lecture Series/International Conference on Monte Carlo Techniques for Medical applications/C³ Seminar Series
You can now download our handy cartoon template for the IDMP 2021 contest! Registration is now open for the Medical Imaging Lecture Series. The International ...