Pieces of Interest from COMP for the Week of November 28 - There's Still Time to Submit Your Winter School Abstracts/October Executive Director Report/Imaging Research in Prostate Cancer Awareness Session
- There's still time to submit your abstracts! The deadline to submit abstracts has been extended to Friday, December 2nd. Become part of the program by submitting an abstract for the poster gallery. More details here.
- Read the Executive Director Report in the October Issue of InterACTIONS!
- The Ontario Institute for Cancer Research (OICR) Imaging Program is hosting a virtual zoom public awareness session on imaging research in prostate cancer on Monday, December 12th starting at 4:30 p.m. ET. The session will feature the following speakers:
- Dr. Jerry Batista,OICR Imaging Program Patient Partner, Former Director of Physics Research and Education, London Regional Cancer Program, and Professor Emeritus, Western University
- Dr. Masoom Haider,Radiologist and Clinician Scientist, University of Toronto
- Dr. Glenn Bauman, Radiation Oncologist, London Health Sciences Centre
- Dr. Terry Peters, OICR Imaging Program Patient Partner and Scientist, Robarts Research Institute, Western University
See the promotional poster below for more details. This is an open session - no registration is required. While the session is geared toward patients, their families and caregivers, this might be of interest to trainees, faculty, and staff.
Join the seminar on Zoom
Meeting ID: 832 7802 5606
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kc8hoJUJcc
For more information, contact Carol Richardson, Program Manager, OICR Imaging Program at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Published on November 28, 2022
Pieces of Interest from COMP for the week of December 11 – Membership Renewal/16 Days of Activism Against Gender-based Violence and CWC Statement on Gender-based Violence/ASM 2024 Theme
COMP membership renewal is now open! Renew today to continue receiving your Member Benefits such as Sosido! November 25 marked the start of the 16 Days of Activism Against...
Pieces of interest from COMP for the week of December 4 – First International Guidelines Emphasize Benefits of Digital Monitoring in Medical Imaging for Radiation Exposure/CCPM Chief Examiner Report/#AroundCanadaInMedPhysWays
The IAEA is encouraging medical professionals to optimize patient protection by shifting from manual to digital processes of monitoring ionizing radiation in imaging...
Pieces of Interest from COMP for the week of November 27 – IDEAs@Home/New Radiation Therapy Machines in Nova Scotia/Executive Director Report
Remember when we all thought we'd be returning to some level of normalcy after the Covid-19 pandemic? Instead many of us still bear the scars from a pandemic while...