Pieces of Interest from COMP for the Week of November 28 - There's Still Time to Submit Your Winter School Abstracts/October Executive Director Report/Imaging Research in Prostate Cancer Awareness Session
- There's still time to submit your abstracts! The deadline to submit abstracts has been extended to Friday, December 2nd. Become part of the program by submitting an abstract for the poster gallery. More details here.
- Read the Executive Director Report in the October Issue of InterACTIONS!
- The Ontario Institute for Cancer Research (OICR) Imaging Program is hosting a virtual zoom public awareness session on imaging research in prostate cancer on Monday, December 12th starting at 4:30 p.m. ET. The session will feature the following speakers:
- Dr. Jerry Batista,OICR Imaging Program Patient Partner, Former Director of Physics Research and Education, London Regional Cancer Program, and Professor Emeritus, Western University
- Dr. Masoom Haider,Radiologist and Clinician Scientist, University of Toronto
- Dr. Glenn Bauman, Radiation Oncologist, London Health Sciences Centre
- Dr. Terry Peters, OICR Imaging Program Patient Partner and Scientist, Robarts Research Institute, Western University
See the promotional poster below for more details. This is an open session - no registration is required. While the session is geared toward patients, their families and caregivers, this might be of interest to trainees, faculty, and staff.
Join the seminar on Zoom
Meeting ID: 832 7802 5606
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kc8hoJUJcc
For more information, contact Carol Richardson, Program Manager, OICR Imaging Program at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Published on November 28, 2022
Pieces of Interest from COMP for the week of May 29 – Peter Kirkby Memorial Medal Winner/New Director of Medical Physics Tom Baker Cancer Centre/Interactive Neuroimaging Exercises
Congratulations to Laura Pankratz, winner of the 2023 CAP-COMP Peter Kirkby Memorial Medal for Outstanding Service to Canadian Physics! Read the full press release...
Pieces of Interest from COMP for the Week of May 22 – Pieces of Interest from COMP for the Week of May 22 – McMedHacks 2023/Focused Ultrasound Treatment and Brain Waste/Best of Breast
McMedHacks is an 8-week-long summer program that aims to teach clinicians, researchers and students fundamentals of medical image analysis and deep learning in Python....
Pieces of Interest from COMP for the Week of May 15 – ChatGPT and Medical Physics/IAEA Marie Sklodowska-Curie Fellowship Programme/Executive Director’s Report/CARO-COMPJSM Registration Open!
What are the potential ChatGPT applications in medical physics? The recent article: ChatGPT in Medical Physics: A Glimpse explores the possibilities. The new application...