Fellow of COMP
Nominations are being accepted for the Fellow of COMP Award. This honour recognizes an active member who has made a significant contribution to the field of medical physics and to COMP. This contribution is to be in two or more of the following:
- Service to COMP.
- A demonstrated body of work showing an outstanding contribution to research and development in the medical physics profession.
- A demonstrated body of work showing an outstanding contribution to professional practice.
- Through educational activities or mentorship, particularly regarding the education and training of medical physicists, medical residents, and allied health personnel.
Other Criteria that Must be Met:
- Nominees must have a minimum of 10 years of experience in the field of Medical Physics.
- Nominees must have a minimum of 5 consecutive years as a member of COMP and be a full member in good standing at the time of the nomination.
Any member in good standing may nominate an individual for the FCOMP Award. The nominator will be required to do the following:
- Complete an online FCOMP nomination form.
- Along with the nomination form, upload a cover letter.
- Arrange for two Letters of Support/Recommendation to be submitted electronically. If the nominator does not hold an FCOMP, then the nominator must solicit two letters of support from members who hold an FCOMP. If the nominator holds an FCOMP, then one additional FCOMP holder must second the nomination and provide a letter of recommendation, and the second letter of support may come from any reference (does not need to be a member of COMP).
- If practical, it would be appreciated for the nominator to also submit an informal Curriculum Vitae of the nominee that includes educational history, work experience, key publications & presentations, awards & honours, and patents.
Nominations for the Fellow of COMP Award are being accepted through our online portal. Nominate someone here!
If a nominee is slated to receive the FCOMP Award, both the nominator and the nominee will be notified by COMP. The nominee will be asked to confirm their willingness to accept the Award and will be asked to provide a short bio and a recent photograph.
Nominations may be submitted at any time however those that were submitted by 30 April, 2024 are being considered for presentation at the ASM.
Thank you to all nominators and authors of support letters!
2023 Fellow of COMP Award Recipient
Join us in congratulating the 2023 Fellow of COMP Award recipient: