Fellow of COMP
Nominations are being accepted for the Fellow of COMP Award. This honour recognizes an active member who has made a significant contribution to the field of medical physics and to COMP. This contribution is to be in two or more of the following:
- Service to COMP.
- A demonstrated body of work showing an outstanding contribution to research and development in the medical physics profession.
- A demonstrated body of work showing an outstanding contribution to professional practice.
- Through educational activities or mentorship, particularly regarding the education and training of medical physicists, medical residents, and allied health personnel.
Other Criteria that Must be Met:
- Nominees must have a minimum of 10 years of experience in the field of Medical Physics.
- Nominees must have a minimum of 5 consecutive years as a member of COMP and be a full member in good standing at the time of the nomination.
Any member in good standing may nominate an individual for the FCOMP Award. The nominator should do the following and submit to the COMP Office:
- Complete and submit an FCOMP Nomination Form.
- Submit a cover letter for the nomination.
- Arrange for two Letters of Support/Recommendation. If the nominator does not hold an FCOMP, then the nominator must solicit two letters of support from members who hold an FCOMP. If the nominator holds an FCOMP, then one additional FCOMP holder must second the nomination and provide a letter of recommendation, and a second letter of support may come from any reference (does not need to be a member of COMP).
- If practical, it would be appreciated for the nominator to also submit an informal Curriculum Vitae of the nominee that includes educational history, work experience, key publications & presentations, awards & honours, and patents.
If a nominee is slated to receive the FCOMP Award, both the nominator and the nominee will be notified by COMP. The nominee will be asked to confirm his/her willingness to accept the Award and will be asked to provide a short bio and a recent photograph.
Nominations may be submitted at any time and those received by 30 April, 2022 will be considered for presentation at the ASM.
Thank you to all nominators and authors of support letters!
Click here for Nomination Form
2021 Fellow of COMP Award Recipients
Join us in congratulating the 2021 Fellow of COMP Award recipients:
François DeBlois, PhD, FCCPM: Centre hospitalier de l'Université de Montréal
Michelle Hilts, PhD, FCCPM : BC Cancer Agency - Centre for the Southern Interior
Andrew Kerr, PhD, PEng, FCCPM : Cancer Centre of Southeastern Ontario