Medical Physicist – Radiation Therapy Software Development - Fully Remote
We are seeking a motivated Medical Physicist with a strong clinical radiation therapy background and excellent technical skills to join our team. The successful candidate will help guide our software engineers, machine learning engineers and clinical experts in creating the next generation of radiation therapy software solutions.
We are based in Canada but have a decentralized work environment, with individuals residing across the country, in the United States and in Europe. We offer a respectful, friendly, open, team oriented working environment with flexible time management, and competitive salaries. Strong preference will be given to Canadian applicants.
If you're eager to contribute to technology that will improve cancer care worldwide, and you believe you possess both the clinical expertise and technical abilities, coupled with a passion for working in a start-up at the forefront of AI and advanced radiation therapy, then this role is ideal for you.
• Combine your knowledge of clinical medical physics and RT software to design and collaborate on new software for improving radiation therapy and medical imaging.
• Work closely with the clinical and software development teams to plan, organize, build and deliver clinically valuable software based solutions.
• Determine software and system functional specifications for the medical device project at hand (requirements generation)
• Design, develop, and test software based on software specifications and designs
• Design, develop, test, and implement software tools and subsystems to support software development
• Maintain detailed software documentation (requirements, design, architecture, test evidence, etc.)
• Participate in technical design and design review meetings
• Masters or PhD degree in medical physics (or equivalent experience) and/or demonstrable related experience
• 5+ Years of clinical or related experience as a radiation therapy medical physicist
• CCPM or equivalent certification an asset but not necessary
• Experience with a wide range of software technologies used in RT
• Experience with a wide range of clinical RT procedures
• Coding experience with Python, Java or Matlab an asset
• Past experience with image processing is an asset
• Some knowledge of software documentation and testing an asset
• Strong problem solving skills
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively on cross-functional teams in a fast moving environment
• High level of initiative with ability to self-manage
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Limbus AI is a software company that develops machine learning based products designed to improve accuracy and efficiency in radiation treatment planning and adaptive radiation therapy. Our core product utilizes machine learning models to perform accurate and fast segmentation of organs at risk.