COMP Benefits for MRI Scientists
- Connect with clinical MR physicists. Establish communication with other Canadian MR physicists dealing with clinical concerns such as site planning, acceptance testing, quality control and patient safety.
- Have Impact. Join COMP and impact the Canadian medical physics community. Strengthen your clinical practice, present your research and advancements, and help shape ideas.
- Expand Your Network. Broaden and enhance your professional network by interacting with other clinical physicists, researchers, and other health care professionals with diverse interests. There are over 800 COMP members across Canada and worldwide, most of whom have graduate degrees in science and/or engineering. COMP members are employed by hospitals, cancer centres, universities, and other sectors of industry and healthcare.
- Professional Collaborations. Interdisciplinary collaboration can be a breeding ground for innovative ideas. The multi-disciplinary network in COMP provides you with the connections within medical facilities and the healthcare industry.
- Shape Canadian Medical Physics. Being a COMP member allows you the opportunity to take a leadership role in our community and help define the future of medical physics in Canada. COMP has many committees and by joining in you can help academic medical physicists have a strong voice on the issues that matter most to you.
- Reduced membership fees. First year free for ISMRM members.