Pieces of Interest from COMP for the week of October 9 – IDMP 2023/COMP Imaging Lecture Series/MP-FIRE Research Partnerships Group
- International Day of Medical Physics (IDMP) is approaching, and we want to celebrate with the COMP community through a photo contest! The theme of IDMP this year is “Standing on the Shoulders of Giants.” We would love to see your interpretation through a photo and accompanying caption. Some ideas include (but are not limited to!):
- A photo honouring a mentor or colleague that has lifted you up.
- A defining moment in your career or educational journey.
- A community that helped or supported you.
To submit your entry, post to Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #COMPIDMP2023 or email the photo and caption to email@example.com. Twitter entries should also tag the COMP account @medphysCA. Note that your submission will not be visible if your social media account is private.
The winning entry selected by the COMP Communications Committee will receive $250 in Curie cash for use towards COMP membership or conference fees. Entries are due November 1, 2023. Creativity welcome!
- Registration is now open for the COMP Imaging Lecture Series! The series will feature five, one-hour lectures held one Monday a month from October until March (not including December). With the flexibility to register for one or for all five lectures in the series, this is a great way to tailor your learning to what suits your interests and schedule. Student members receive complimentary registration! Details & Schedule here.
- The Science Committee invites all COMP members who are interested in research to join the new MP-FIRE (Medical Physicists-future innovation, research and execution) Research Partnerships group in Basecamp. The main purposes of this communication forum are to (1) encourage interactions to stimulate and refine potential research ideas and (2) enableresearch partnerships between academic and clinical physicists across Canada. If you are interested, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and request joining the MP-FIRE Research Partnerships group. All residents, clinical and academic physicists who are COMP members are welcomed!
Published on October 9, 2023
Pieces of Interest from COMP for the week of November 27 – IDEAs@Home/New Radiation Therapy Machines in Nova Scotia/Executive Director Report
Remember when we all thought we'd be returning to some level of normalcy after the Covid-19 pandemic? Instead many of us still bear the scars from a pandemic while...
Pieces of Interest from COMP for the week of November 20 – COMP IDMP Contest Re-cap/ Do women prefer female radiologists to perform breast ultrasound?/ #AroundCanadaInMedPhysWays
This year, in honour of International Day of Medical Physics on November 7, the COMP Communications Committee invited the COMP membership to submit their best photos...
Pieces of Interest from COMP for the week of November 13 – Japan Celebrates IDMP 2023/Message from the CCPM President/MCCPM and Mammography Exams
Find out how Japan celebrated IDMP2023! Read the Message from the CCPM President in the latest issue of InterACTIONS! MCCPM exam applications are due December 1, 2023 and...