With a membership of over 800 medical physicists and affiliate organizations, the Canadian Organization of Medical Physicists (COMP) is the main professional body for medical physicists practicing in Canada.
The COMP membership is comprised of professional physicists, scientists and academics working at universities, hospitals, cancer centres and government research facilities. Medical physics associates are also recognized in the COMP membership as vital partners in clinical care.
Committed to supporting the next generation, COMP welcomes residents and post-doctoral fellows as well as undergraduate and graduate students. It also has an active Student Council and programming tailored to support the up and comers.
- Registration discounts for the Annual Scientific Meeting, Canadian Winter School and other continuing education opportunities
- Member only access to professional resources like the annual salary survey and meeting recordings
- Weekly pieces of interest and monthly newsletters highlighting advances in the field of medical physics and information on programming from COMP and its partners
- Opportunities to network with other medical physicists to support your professional development and career advancement.
Learn more about how COMP membership can benefit Academic medical physicists, MRI scientists, and students!
New for 2023 – COMP has simplified its member categories while providing the same great value and member benefits:
- We’ve amalgamated the Full Member and Full Reduced Member categories but added a 30% discount code to make sure people who hold membership at an eligible association continue to receive the same reduced rate they’re used to.
- We’ve made it easier to understand who qualifies as an Associate Member and introduced a 30% discount for Physics Associates who are also members of OMPAC.
- Our old Corporate Membership category got a facelift. New Affiliate Memberships are customized depending on whether you are a service provider or industry.
- Students, Residents, Post-Doctoral Fellows and individuals holding membership at eligible associates will find it easier to have their status verified so they can take advantage of COMP member benefits sooner.
Practicing medical physicists with a Master’s Degree or Doctorate in medical physics, a physical science or engineering from an accredited University. In exceptional cases, other qualifications will be considered.
Members of other associations as described below can enter a discount code at checkout to receive a 30% discount on membership (upon verification):
|Resident or Post-Doctoral Fellow Member||Individuals who are in a medical physics residency program or post-doctoral fellowship. Supervisor verification required.|
Physics associates or individuals with an interest in the objectives of COMP but who are not practicing medical physicists.
Members of the Organization of Medical Physics Associates of Canada (OMPAC) can enter a discount code at checkout to receive a 30% discount on membership.
|Student Member||Individuals who do not have an advanced degree and are full-time undergraduate or graduate students in a field which will eventually qualify them to be Full Members of COMP. Proof of student status required.|
Individuals who are no longer practicing medical physics for remunerations nor are gainfully employed in another field.
Retired individuals who are over the age of 55 and have been Full Members of COMP for at least 10 years receive complimentary membership. Contact us to learn how!
Affiliate Member - Organization
|Government agencies or departments, health centres and service providers that subscribe to the strategic objectives of COMP. Learn more about Affiliate Member benefits.|
Affiliate Member – Industry
|Companies that manufacture and/or distribute hardware, software or technologies used by medical physicists and that subscribe to the strategic objectives of COMP. Learn more about Affiliate Member benefits.|
Membership with COMP is annual, with the renewal process running from December – April. Become a member or renew your membership now!
|December 1, 2022||Launch membership renewal|
|March 31, 2023||Last day to renew with no late fee|
|April 30, 2023||Last day to renew membership with late fee|
|May 1, 2023||Loss of membership status and benefits. On this date, individuals are required to purchase a NEW COMP membership|
Did you know that Corporate Members can now become COMP Affiliate Members?
Are you a service provider or company that works in the field of medical physics, or works with medical physicists? COMP has rebranded its Corporate Membership and introduced new benefits tailored to better suit your needs! Check it out!